The movements in Bilocality
Movement is that which has no beginning, no end. Jiddhu Krishnamurti.
- in zero dimensions, the movement looks like no movement. Oneness. No borders, no contrast, no movement.
- adding a first dimension, the movement looks like a swing. Back and forth. Contract and expand.
- adding a second dimension, the movement looks like a cycle. Breathing. Seasons. Daybreak is at the end of one swing ; nightbreak at the other end.
- adding a third dimension, the movement looks like a spiral. (*)
- adding a fourth dimension, the movement looks like this : the spiral contracts and expands. Like going from wide, into a narrow tunnel or mirror, to wide
(*) To understand the third dimension, here's an exercise i picked up from Hans Planje, astrology teacher with Aurinko in the Netherlands. From their website: Aurinko is Finnish language, means "Sun". The symbol for the Essence, symbol for thé source of creativity and self expression. Thé creative power of the human being is to create life by living it. Aurinko wants to participate by teaching you a means that shows you what life is.
Exercise to experience the third dimension
Find two other people, the three of you find a large enough space to experience spiral movement. The experience is that of the moon running circles around the earth, while the earth runs circles around the sun. You represent the moon; the second person represents the earth; the third person represents the sun. Afterwards you can change roles, so everyone gets a chance to see, or rather to feel, the differences in viewpoint.
The sun stands in the middle of the room.
The earth stands at a distance to the sun, such that in 365 steps she makes a full circle around the sun.
The moon stands in between sun and earth, as close as possible to the earth. With every step the earth makes, the moon completes one full circle around the earth.
Direction of movement:
is reverse-clockwise at all times. So from north to west to south to east to north.
The sun does not move because this is experience is limited to three dimensions.
The earth starts walking around the sun, paying attention ONLY to the sun.
The moon starts walking around the earth, paying attention ONLY to the earth.
Goal of the experience:
We want to let the moon experience something, so the earth should keep up the same speed at all times, paying attention ONLY to the sun. The pace is whatever the moon can handle.
Author of "Bilocality and the inner world of attention".
Why change ?